Crypto Box is a feature of Pay on Binance.US that allows users to easily send crypto gifts to family and friends at no extra cost.
To learn more about Crypto Box, check out the FAQ below.
- Who can use the Binance.US Crypto Box?
- How does the Binance.US Crypto Box work?
- Will my Crypto Box Expire?
- How do I use Crypto Box on Binance.US?
Who can use the Binance.US Crypto Box?
Crypto Boxes are only available to Binance.US users who have set up an account and completed identity verification. If a non-user is sent a Crypto Box, they must sign up and complete verification to claim their gift.
How does the Binance.US Crypto Box work?
A Crypto Box works using the same underlying technology as Pay on Binance.US, allowing for near-instant transfers with zero fees. With Crypto Box, users simply select the crypto they would like to gift someone and enter the amount.
Users can also choose to send crypto to a number of recipients at the same time. For example, users can gift $100 in Bitcoin to up to 100 of their friends or family members. Once they create the Crypto Box, they will receive a unique URL and a redemption code to share individually with friends and family.
Users can choose to send an equal amount to each recipient or a randomized amount to each.
Will my Crypto Box Expire?
Crypto Boxes are valid for 48 hours after creation. If you have created a Crypto Box and there are unclaimed funds after this period, they will be returned to your wallet after 48 hours.
How do I use Crypto Box on Binance.US?
This guide will walk you through how to create, claim, and check Crypto Box transaction history.
- How do I create a Crypto Box on Binance.US
- How do I claim a Crypto Box on Binance.US
- How do I view my Crypto Box history?
How do I create a Crypto Box on Binance.US?
You can create and send your Crypto Box within seconds. Follow the steps below to get started.
1. To create a Crypto Box, click on the in-app banner on the Binance.US home screen.
2.Tap Create on the Crypto Box page.
3. Much like the Pay feature, you will need to set up and enter a PIN to proceed if you have not already. Once entered, choose which coin you would like to send, the equivalent amount you are sending in USD, and the total number of people you would like to send it to.
Note: If you are planning to send a Crypto Box to multiple people, you will also have to select if you want to use Random or Identical codes for each receiver on the Create page. Confirm the box as if sending to a single recipient.
4. Click the Preview Box to be taken to the Confirmation screen.
5. If it is your first time creating a Crypto Box, you will be asked to read the Safety Warning and check the box to Continue. You will then be asked to enter your PIN. Once your PIN is correctly entered, you will be brought to the Confirmation Page where a Redeem Code will be generated. This code will be used by your recipient to claim the crypto. You can send the newly created Crypto Box redemption code using your messenger app, Twitter, WhatsApp, and more. Simply drop the link on the platform of your choice and the box can be claimed.
How do I claim a Crypto Box on Binance.US?
1. To redeem a Crypto Box, click on the in-app banner on the Binance.US home screen. If you have a link to the Crypto Box and have a Binance.US account and the most updated version of the Binance.US app, skip to step three.
2. On the Crypto Box page, select Claim.
3. Enter the redeem code and press Open.
4. Enter the redeem code and press Open. You will be shown how much crypto you have received.
How do I view my Crypto Box history?
1. To view Crypto Box transaction history, click the clock icon on the top right of the Crypto Box Create and claim page.
2. Click the Send or Receive tab to show a list of transactions.
3. Select a transaction to view more details.
- Binance.US (Homepage)
- How to Buy, Sell & Convert Crypto (FAQ)
- Getting Started with Pay
Download the Binance.US app to trade on the go: iOS |Android
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.