Binance.US offers a self-serve account deletion flow on our mobile application for those who meet the requirements. Those who do not meet the requirements for self-serve deletion should chat with an agent for deletion assistance, or consider disabling their account as opposed to deleting it by following these separate instructions.
This guide will address frequent questions and concerns related to deleting your account and the requirements for self-serve account deletion. Should you meet the listed requirements and decide to proceed with self-serve account deletion, you will also find instructions on the process below.
- What Are the Requirements for Self-serve Account Deletion?
- What Are the Consequences of Deleting My Account & What Happens to My Data?
- Can I Restore My Deleted Account, or Create a New One?
- Can I Delete My Account if I Don’t Meet the Self-serve Criteria, or Don’t Use the Mobile App?
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Are the Requirements for Self-serve Account Deletion?
Before using the self-serve account deletion feature, you must ensure that you have met all of the following requirements:
1. Your Balance (Crypto & USD Combined) Is Less Than the Equivalent of $1 USD, Including Staked Assets and Unused Crypto Boxes
- Be sure that you have unstaked all of your staked assets (and completed the necessary unstaking period for each asset, viewable here), claimed any crypto box or similar feature balances, and withdrawn all fiat (USD) and crypto balances off of the platform, leaving no more than $1 USD in total value (USD and crypto equivalent combined) in change or dust. Failure to do so will lead to the forfeiture and loss of these funds. Learn more about how to withdraw your crypto assets here, and explore options and instructions for withdrawing USD balances here.
2. You Have No Open Orders, Pending Deposits & Withdrawals, Pay Requests, or Current & Pending Chargebacks on Your Account
- In order to avoid any future losses of funds, you must be certain that you have canceled any open orders, as well as pending deposits & withdrawals, pay requests, and current or pending chargebacks associated with your account.
3. Your Account Withdrawal & Trade Status Is Set to ‘Open'
- To avoid the closure of a potentially compromised account by unauthorized actors, you must not have closed your current withdrawal and trade statuses prior to deleting your account.
4. You Are Requesting Deletion From Within the United States
- For safety and compliance reasons, your request for account deletion must be made from within the United States.
On top of the above requirements, we also strongly recommend that you export all transaction history and any necessary tax reports from your account to avoid future difficulties. You can learn how to do so here.
What Are the Consequences of Deleting My Account & What Happens to My Data?
When you delete your Binance.US account, the following data related to your account will also be deleted:
- Device information
- User login status
- Open or pending positions (any remaining funds will be forfeited)
- Any two-factor authentication (2FA) info with the exception of your email address or phone number
- Your API key (if you have one)
However, for compliance reasons, the following information will be kept on file for six years following account deletion:
- Your email and phone number
- KYC information
- Transactional data
You will also be liable, and your account will be reinstated in the event of a future chargeback.
Can I Restore My Deleted Account, or Create a New One?
Should you choose to return to our platform in the future, you can reinstate your account by Speaking with an Agent via Chat.
You can also attempt to create a new account. However, users are limited to one account per SSN and cannot create a new account using the same email or phone number provided for their original account.
Can I Delete My Account if I Don’t Meet the Self-serve Criteria, or Don’t Use the Mobile App?
If you do not meet the requirements listed above to use the self-serve feature, you will need to chat with an agent on our support team to delete your account. Please provide relevant information such as your User ID (learn how to find it here), your email or phone number used for registration, and your reasons for wanting to delete your account. They will then be able to assess your situation and assist you with more information and the next steps to follow.
How To Use the Self-serve Account Deletion Feature on the Mobile App
Caution: Please take extreme care to make sure that you have fully withdrawn all of your assets from the Binance.US platform prior to deleting your account. Any funds left on your account after deletion will be forfeited and unavailable to you.
Once again, make sure that you have read and understood the consequences of deleting your account, and that you have taken all steps to meet the necessary requirements for self-serve account deletion before proceeding with the steps below.
1. From the home screen on the Binance.US mobile app, tap on your Profile Icon in the top-left corner
2. Scroll down and tap on Security
3. Tap Delete Account at the bottom of the Security screen
4. Read the warning regarding the deletion of your account data and the retention of certain information for six years (for regulatory reasons). You can also tap the yellow 'here' link at the end of the paragraph for a more detailed overview of our terms.
Once finished, tap I Understand
5. Review the requirements for account self-deletion to be sure you have met them. You can also review these requirements here. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must go back and complete them prior to proceeding with account self-deletion.
Although not required, we highly recommend that you export your transaction history and any necessary tax reports for personal and tax compliance reasons. If you have not done so, you can use the link in the bottom paragraph of this screen to open the Export Reports screen. You can also learn more about exporting your transaction history and tax reports here.
Once you've ensured the requirements are met, tap Continue
6. Tap on the option most closely resembling your reason for deleting your account
7. You’ll have the option to connect with support or provide additional feedback. You can also skip these options by tapping Continue To Delete Account
8. Closely read the Final Acknowledgements. Tap on the checkbox to confirm that you have read the acknowledgment in full and would like to delete your account. Then, tap Delete Account to proceed
9. As a final step before deleting your account you will be required to enter a code sent to your account's current two-factor authentication method (SMS, authentication app, or if neither option is set the code will be sent to your email) to confirm your identity
10. Once you have entered your received 2FA code, you will have completed the deletion flow, and your deletion request will be sent. It may take up to two hours for the deletion to be processed, at which point you will be notified of your request results via email.
To enjoy these new features, download or update the Binance.US app: iOS | Android
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.