We are reaching out because you have previously created an API key on Binance.US. If you have never used 3Commas, a third-party cryptocurrency trade management platform, please disregard this message.
If you are a 3Commas user, your account may be at risk if you have previously shared your API key with 3Commas.
According to an official statement posted on the 3Commas website, a portion of their users’ API key data was disclosed by a third party. While we have immediately disabled all API keys known to us that were associated with 3Commas, you may have additional at-risk API keys that you must manually disable. We strongly encourage you to login and disable all API keys that have been shared with 3Commas.
For step-by-step instructions on how to disable your API keys, click here.
How do I protect my online accounts?
Here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Managing API Keys. Regularly review your API keys and delete keys that are no longer in use. Every 90 days, we recommend that you consider deleting all existing keys and creating new ones, to ensure you are regularly evaluating the third-party platforms you connect to.
- Set Whitelist Permissions. If you have trusted third-party platforms you want to connect your Binance.US account to, visit their website and check whether they have any ‘Whitelist’ solutions you can enable to allow only approved IP addresses to transact via your account. On Binance.US, you can also save and whitelist approved crypto addresses for withdrawals, using our built-in whitelisting feature.
- Update Your Software. Check to make sure your computer or mobile device has the latest software installed. We also recommend that you regularly review any extensions you’ve installed on your web browser.
- Enable 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). To add an extra layer of security to your online accounts, always enable 2FA if it is available. While we recommend using Google Authenticator, we also give you the option of using SMS authentication. If you haven’t done so already, click here to learn how to add a 2FA method on Binance.US.
- Have Additional Questions? Visit our Support Center to learn how to use Binance.US and get answers to your questions. If you need additional assistance, you can always reach out to our 24/7 Customer Support, available via email or live chat.