Documents that verify your identity may be required to pass the Advanced Identity Verification process or to make any changes to your account.
Listed below are the types of documents you may be asked to produce in order to use the Binance.US platform:
A) Government-issued ID
Government-issued identification documents include the following:
- U.S. Passport (information page)
- State Driver's license (front and back)
- Federal/State-issued ID card (front and back)
Note: To ensure a smooth experience with the verification process, please make sure that your ID photos are valid, visible, and easy to read, and that your Legal Name matches the name on your ID.
B) Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
A valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is required. If you are unable to obtain either, we advise contacting your local Social Security Administration office.
C) ID Photo or Video Confirmation
You may be required to provide a photo or video confirmation of yourself to pass the verification process or to initiate a particular action on your account.
D) Proof-of-Address Documents
In rare circumstances, in order to manually approve your account and complete the Basic Verification process, we may request a Proof-of-Address document. We recommend uploading your Proof-of-Address document as a PDF file.
Valid Proof-of-Address documents include the following, dated within the last 90 days:
- Bank statements (Must display your name, address, and bank information)
- Brokerage statements (Must display your brokerage information and the firm's logo, in addition to your full name and address)
- Credit card statements (Must display your name, address, and bank information)
- Utility bills such as electric, gas, water, internet, telephone landline, waste management, etc. (The mailing address on the utility bill must match the address we have on file)
- Mortgage statements
- Property tax statements
- A government-issued ID (State-issued driver’s license, US passport, etc)
- Bank statements older than 90 days, or bank statements issued from a mobile banking platform (examples include: Chime, Current, Simple and TransferWise)
- Unopened, undated, or outdated mail
- W-2 forms or IRS documents
- Bank references, notices, or letters
- Credit card statements from retail outlets (Amazon, etc.)
- Insurance policies
- Mobile phone statements
- Paycheck stubs
- Pension statements
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.