Our automated system will lock your withdrawal function under certain circumstances. If this has happened to you, you may want to understand why.
To pinpoint the exact reason, take a look at the common causes that trigger this feature.
Negative Account Balance
You may see an error saying that your withdrawals are suspended due to risk management. This error indicates that you selected to make a deposit to your Binance.US account, but when our payment provider attempted to pull the funds from your bank account, they were unable to retrieve the funds. This can happen for a multitude of reasons, but the most common reasons are:
- The authorized deposit was revoked by the banking institution. (ex: a stop payment was placed, the transaction was flagged as suspicious, a dispute was filed, etc.)
- There were insufficient funds in the bank account while processing the deposit.
- The bank account was closed prior to our firm processing the deposit.
- The funds were not fully available for withdrawal. (ex: a check deposit hold)
You can see the status of your deposit by viewing your deposit and withdrawal history.
How to Restore Access
To regain access to your account, we'll need you to settle the outstanding balance by making a new deposit. If you want to review how to make a deposit, or different ways of depositing, you can visit our USD Transfers support page here.
Note: There are deposit holds in place to help prevent accounts from going negative. If you'd like to review that information, click here.
Please contact us thereafter, and our team will be happy to help you with the next steps.
Another reason we may lock your withdrawal function is because our firm needs to finish verifying your identity. Please contact our team, and we'll ask for the necessary documentation.
Recent Account Changes
Occasionally, we may need to lock your account if you have made recent changes to it. For example, if you have reached out to our team to reset your two-factor authentication, we will temporarily disable your ability to withdraw.
In these cases, please wait 48 hours for your ability to be reinstated.
Some examples of policy violations include:
- Using false information.
- Using the platform in an unlawful manner.
- Facilitating viruses.
- Using an anonymizing proxy.
- Engaging in suspicious behavior.
If you are unable to withdraw or trade, we are here to help. Please reach out to our team and we will be happy to assist with your case.