Binance.US allows eligible customers to connect their accounts to a variety of crypto tax tools which help simplify the crypto tax process. This includes CoinTracking, a leading crypto portfolio tracking, and tax software. Continue reading to learn how to connect your Binance.US account to CoinTracking.
Why import Binance.US trades into CoinTracking?
CoinTracking users can import their transaction history from Binance.US, determine their capital gains/losses, track their portfolio with 25+ advanced features (including performance charts, coin trends, and more), and generate ready-to-file tax reports to make the filing season easier — across 13 accounting methods. Click here to learn more.
How to claim your 10% discount for CoinTracking
New and existing CoinTracking customers who use Binance.US now qualify for a 10% discount on a premium CoinTracking subscription — for life. To claim your special 10% discount, click here.
How to import your Binance.US trades into CoinTracking
1. To begin, you’ll need to follow our step-by-step guide to generate your API Tax Key. Your API Tax Key allows you to connect your Binance.US account and share transaction history with your portfolio tracking and/or tax reporting platform of choice.
2. Visit CoinTracking and create your account in seconds (only a username and password are required).
|Note To access all the features CoinTracking has to offer, use this special promo link to qualify for a 10% discount on a premium subscription.|
3. Once you log in, click Enter Coins and select Exchange Imports (API). Select Binance US from the options.
4. On the Binance.US API Import page, you’ll have all the steps necessary to generate your API key on Binance.US (or refer back to Step 1 in this guide) and connect it to CoinTracking.
5. Scroll down to the Create a new automatic Binance US job section. Paste or carefully enter your API Tax Key and Secret Key there.
Then, you can review your trades, select the types of transactions you want to include, and provide optional details (e.g., add labels, start date, etc.).
6. Import your trades by clicking the Save this Binance US job button.
How to import Binance.US trades into CoinTracking via CSV
You can import your Binance.US trades with a CSV file to track your portfolio and calculate crypto taxes. Here’s how:
1. Login into your Binance.US account and visit the Wallet page.
2. Click the Export Reports button on the right side of the screen
3. Click Generate Reports to continue
4. On the screen that pops up, select the Tax tab from the two choices at the top. Make sure Yearly Report is highlighted and select the desired Form Type, Year, and File Format (.CSV). Next, click Generate to export your statement. Once the statement is generated, you will receive a notification to download your CSV file via email. This link will expire after seven days.
5. Log in to CoinTracking and upload the CSV file here.
How do I know what is taxable? How do I calculate gains and losses?
For additional information on cryptocurrency taxes, including downloadable links to relevant cryptocurrency tax forms, visit our Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting 101 page.
- Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting 101 (FAQ)
- How To Generate Your Tax API Key (FAQ)
- How To Manually Export Your Binance.US Transaction History (FAQ)
- How To Connect Your Binance.US Account to TaxBit (FAQ)
- How To Connect Your Binance.US Account to CoinTracker (FAQ)
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: The information provided in this announcement is for informational purposes only, and it does not constitute an endorsement of any digital asset or services discussed herein. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.
Risk Warning: Trading cryptocurrencies involves significant risk and can result in the loss of your capital. You should not invest more than you can afford to lose and you should ensure that you fully understand the risks involved. Before trading, please take into consideration your level of experience and purchasing objectives, and seek independent financial advice if necessary.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.