Note: The 1099-MISC is available during January of the following year. If you do not see a 1099-MISC, it may be because you earned less than $600.
Binance.US provides customers with the ability to easily access and download their tax documents so they may better prepare for tax season. This walkthrough answers basic questions about forms 1099-MISC and where to access them on the Binance.US mobile and desktop platform.
To learn more about cryptocurrency tax reporting, visit our Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting 101 page.
What is Tax Form 1099-MISC?
Tax form 1099-MISC is a tax form Binance.US is required to provide to eligible U.S. customers who earned $600 or more from staking or referral rewards in 2023. This form will only appear if you have met such requirements and will be made available to you by January 24, 2024.
How Do I Find and Download These Forms?
Follow these steps to export your 1099-MISC on the Binance.US platform.
On the mobile app
*The mobile app will only provide the .PDF version of your report. For .CSV exports, please use the web.
1. Tap the Profile Icon in the top-left corner of your app.
2. Scroll down to the 'Account' section and select 'Export Reports.'
3. Tap 'History & Tax Reports.'
4. Select the tab that says 'Tax', located at the top-right side of your mobile screen. Yearly Report will be preselected.
5. Tap Select Form Type and choose 1099-MISC. This option will only appear if you have met the necessary trading requirements. Choose the year from the Select Year dropdown menu. Once selected, press Generate and your form will be added to the queue.
On the web
Exporting your report from the web will allow you to choose between .PDF and .CSV files.
1. Log in to your Binance.US account. Then, hover over the User Profile button in the top-right corner and click Export Reports from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can access the Export Reports page from your Wallet by clicking the Export Reports link in the top-right corner.
2. Click Generate Reports to continue.
3. Click the Tax tab located at the top of the pop-up below and select 1099-MISC from the Select Asset drop dropdown.
4. Select the year you would like to view the file format from the respective dropdown menus. Click Generate and your file will be added to the queue. There is a download limit of 6 tax reports per month.
- Tax Landing Page
- Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting 101 (FAQ)
- Binance.US Introduces Updated Tax Reporting Tool (Blog)
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.