At Binance.US, we periodically review each digital asset we list to ensure that it continues to meet the standard of excellence we expect. We operate in a rapidly evolving industry and our digital asset monitoring process is designed to be responsive to market and regulatory developments. When a digital asset no longer meets our high standards, or industry circumstances change, we conduct a more in-depth review of the affected asset and assess whether further action is necessary (i.e. delisting).
When we conduct these reviews, we consider a variety of factors. Here are some that contribute to our decision to delist a digital asset:
- Changes in a digital asset token's risk profile
- Contribution to a healthy and sustainable crypto ecosystem
- Trading volume and liquidity
- Regulatory standing in the United States
- Demonstrable progression and growth of development activity
- Changes in the network’s resilience from external or internal attacks
- Network / smart contract stability
- Levels of community engagement
- Evidence of unethical/fraudulent conduct or negligence
Based on our review, Spell (SPELL) and TRON (TRX) will be delisted from Binance.US on April 18, 2023.
- Deposits for SPELL and TRX on Binance.US will be closed on April 17, 2023 at 7 p.m. PDT / 10 p.m. EDT. Deposits for SPELL or TRX after this time will not be credited to your account.
- Withdrawals for SPELL and TRX will remain open.
- Buy, Sell & Convert and OTC functionality will be removed one hour after deposits close.
- Staking for TRX will be disabled on April 13, 2023 at 4 a.m. PDT / 7 a.m. EDT and removed from the staking page on April 14, 2023 at 5 p.m. PDT / 8 p.m. EDT. If you have TRX staked, your TRX will be unstaked for you and deposited back to your wallet. You will receive your TRX staking rewards and staked TRX on April 14, 2023 at 8 p.m. PDT / 11 p.m. EDT.
- Trading for SPELL and TRX on Binance.US will be closed on April 18, 2023 at 8 p.m. PDT / 11 p.m. EDT and the TRX/USD, TRX/USDT, TRX/BTC, SPELL/USD, and SPELL/USDT trading pairs will be removed. All Advanced Trade orders will be automatically removed after trading ceases for each respective trading pair.
- We will continue to support TRC-20 USDT and USDC issued on the TRON network.
We thank you for your support as we continue to build the crypto ecosystem in a way that promotes security, transparency, and long-term sustainable growth.
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.