Crypto domains allow you to easily send, request, and receive crypto to your Binance.US wallet using a custom domain name instead of a convoluted wallet address. This step-by-step guide will help you get started with domains by teaching you how to navigate to the My Crypto Domain page, how to search and purchase a domain name, how to change your primary domain (if you have more than one), and more.
For details on what crypto domains are, please visit our Crypto Domains FAQ here.
|Importantly, using domains to send crypto that is not supported for domain use will result in lost funds, so please be sure to review the Crypto Domains Supported Cryptocurrencies page.
What’s in this guide?
- How to view the My Crypto Domain page
- How to search and claim a domain
- How to set your primary domain
- How to check supported cryptocurrencies for domains
- How to view pricing tiers
- How to send to and from a wallet using a domain
How to view the My Crypto Domain page
1. To visit the Crypto Domain page, log into your Binance.US app and tap the Profile icon.
2. From your profile screen, select Crypto Domains
How to search and claim a domain
1. Navigate to the Crypto Domain page
2. Use the search bar at the top of the page to search for a domain name’s availability
3. Your results will display suggestions and related results for available domains. You can use the tabs under the search bar to change your view between top suggestions or to view a list of all results.
When ready, tap the USDT amount to the right of your desired premium domain to begin the purchase process
How to set your primary domain
If you have only purchased one domain, it will automatically be set as your primary domain. However, if you purchase additional domains, you can select which domain you want to be your primary domain.
1. Navigate to the Crypto Domain page
2. Tap Manage Your Domains
3. In the image below we can see that the user has two crypto domains in their account. Their current primary domain ‘adalovelace.binanceus’ which they want to switch out, and a new domain ‘al.binanceus’ which they want to make their new primary domain.
Tap on the arrow on the right-hand side of the secondary domain to open additional options for that domain.
4. From the current secondary domains dropdown menu, tap Set Primary
5. Read the warning message and tap to Confirm your primary domain change
6. As you can see in the screenshot below, their primary domain has now been switched to ‘al.binanceus,’ and ‘adalovelace.binanceus' has become the secondary domain
How to check supported cryptocurrencies for domains
*Important: sending a cryptocurrency not supported for domain use can result in a loss of funds. Make sure you confirm that the cryptocurrency is supported for domain use.
To check all domain supported cryptocurrencies you can follow this link to our updated list.
How to view domain pricing tiers
Domain pricing tiers are available to review in our Crypto Domains FAQ article.
How to send to and from a wallet using a domain
- You must ensure that the cryptocurrency you choose are supported for domain deposits and withdrawals. Failure to do so will result in a loss of funds. You can review our updated list of domain-supported cryptocurrencies here.
- You will also need to confirm with the platform you are sending to or from that they support domain use and that they support your chosen cryptocurrency and network.
- You will enter your simple domain name into the address bar instead of a convoluted wallet address. If you want to confirm or copy your domain name, follow the steps in any of the options outlined below.
*IMPORTANTLY, using domains to send crypto that is not supported for domain use will result in lost funds, so please be sure to review the Crypto Domains Supported Cryptocurrencies page.
View & copy your domain from a deposit screen:
1. Navigate to your wallet by tapping the Wallet Icon on the app’s bottom toolbar
2. From your wallet, tap the yellow Deposit button
3. Select the cryptocurrency you want to deposit. *Warning: Make sure you have confirmed that the cryptocurrency is supported for domain use here prior to depositing with your domain name to avoid any losses of funds.
4. Set the network you would like to use using the drop down selection above the displayed deposit QR code.
5. Tap to copy the domain displayed under your address. See the warning in step 4 regarding supported cryptocurrencies for domain deposits.
View & copy your domain from the My Crypto Domain page:
1. Navigate to the My Crypto Domain page
2. From here you can simply tap the small Copy Icon to the right of your domain name. *Warning: Make sure you have confirmed that the cryptocurrency is supported for domain use here prior to depositing with your domain name to avoid any losses of funds.
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.