We’re thrilled to announce that Binance.US has successfully completed the long-awaited Flare (FLR) airdrop. Eligible XRP holders can view their FLR balance by visiting their Wallet.
Due to the token distribution schedule determined by Flare Protocol’s Flare Improvement Proposal 01 (FIP.01), this airdrop installment, totalling 15% of your claimable FLR tokens, was distributed on October 25, 2023 at 7 a.m. PDT / 10 a.m. EDT.
The snapshot for this highly anticipated airdrop was taken on December 11, 2020, at 4 p.m. PST / 7 p.m. EST, and consists of the total XRP balance held in your Binance.US account at that time. If eligible, you should have received FLR tokens at a ratio of 1 XRP = 0.1511 FLR.
What is Flare (FLR)
Flare is the blockchain for data, an EVM smart contract platform that expands the utility of blockchain. With decentralized oracles built into the structure of the network, Flare is the only smart contract platform optimized for decentralized data acquisition, including price & time series data, blockchain event & state data, and web2 API data.
By giving developers trustless access to the broadest range of data, at scale and for minimal cost, Flare acts as a utility layer for the blockchain industry and supports the development of new and improved use cases.
- In order to be eligible for the airdrop, you must have 1) maintained a minimum balance of 10 XRP or more at the time of the snapshot (excluding XRP in pending Advanced Trading orders) and 2) passed Basic Verification, which you can complete at any time.
- The snapshot for the airdrop was taken of your total XRP balance held on December 11, 2020, at 4 p.m. PST / 7 p.m. EST.
- The airdrop, in accordance with the Flare community’s proposal, consists of 15% of your total claimable FLR. If you met the eligibility requirements outlined above, you can view your FLR balance in your Binance.US wallet.
- Withdrawals for FLR are now available.
- Deposits for FLR tokens are NOT supported. Please do NOT make FLR deposits to Binance.US.
- Binance.US has yet to determine whether it will support the buying, selling or trading of FLR on our platform. Supporting this airdrop does not guarantee the listing of FLR on Binance.US. For more information on our listings process, please review our Digital Asset Listing article.
Visit our Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting 101 guide for general educational info on cryptocurrency taxes and taxable events.
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.