Preparing to file your cryptocurrency taxes with CoinTracker? Learn how to connect your Binance.US account to CoinTracker and import your Binance.US transactions.
What is CoinTracker?
CoinTracker is a third party cryptocurrency tax and accounting platform designed to help users track their portfolio and generate cryptocurrency tax forms.
Note: As a matter of policy, Binance.US does not endorse any tax and accounting platforms. Customers should do their own research to determine which platform works best for their specific needs.
How to connect my Binance.US account to CoinTracker
To connect your Binance.US account to CoinTracker, you’ll first need to Generate your Tax API Key on Binance.US. Once you have your Tax API Keys, complete the steps outlined below:
- Log in to your CoinTracker account.
- Click here to add your Binance.US Tax API Key and Secret Key to CoinTracker.
- Note: Sharing your Tax API Key and Secret Key grants CoinTracker read-only access to your Binance.US transaction history, excluding “Buy Crypto” purchases, which need to be manually added to your CoinTracker account.
For more information, visit CoinTracker’s guide on Filing Taxes on Binance.US.
How do I know what is taxable? How do I calculate gains and losses?
For additional information on cryptocurrency taxes, including downloadable links to relevant cryptocurrency tax forms, visit our Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting 101 page.
- Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting 101 (FAQ)
- Binance.US Launches Free Tax Statements Portal for the Filing Season (Blog)
- How To Generate Your Tax API Key (FAQ)
- How To Connect Your Binance.US Account to TaxBit (FAQ)
- How To Manually Export Your Binance.US Transaction History (FAQ)
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; and (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof. Please consult an outside tax professional for guidance on your personal tax obligations.