Hello and welcome to the Binance.US Law Enforcement Guide! This site is intended to provide law enforcement and government agencies in the United States with information about how to request certain records from BAM Trading Services, Inc., d/b/a Binance.US (“BAM Trading”). Launched in September 2019, Binance.US is a digital currency exchange based in the United States that was established to serve U.S. consumers and adhere to strict U.S. regulations.
Please be advised BAM Trading and Binance Holdings Limited (“Binance”), which operates the world’s largest digital asset exchange, are separate and distinct legal companies. Accordingly, BAM Trading does not have any records for, and cannot respond to record requests addressed to Binance. Law enforcement and government agency representatives seeking records from Binance should visit https://www.binance.com/en/support/law-enforcement
Authorized U.S. law enforcement and government agencies may submit valid legal process for production (which can vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction) including, but not limited to, preservation requests, account freezes, a letterhead memo, Court orders, search warrants and seizure warrants, to BAM Trading by way of LERT@BINANCE.US. BAM Trading will only respond to requests that are from official law enforcement or government email domains.
The request for records should be addressed as follows:
BAM Trading Services, Inc., d/b/a Binance.US
252 NW 29th Street
9th Floor, Suite 905
Miami, FL 33127
The request for records must include the name, position, and direct contact information of the requesting official. The request should meet the following requirements to expedite the processing of your request:
- All known user identifiers, including full name, address, email addresses, mobile numbers, date of birth, Social Security Number and Binance.US user ID (UID). For records request containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII), please provide said information in a password protected file with the password provided in a separate email;
- For production requests based on transaction hash or transaction identification (“TX ID”), please include the transaction amount, relevant input and out addresses, and corresponding timestamp in UTC;
- For production requests based on wallet addresses, please include the TX ID, timestamp (UTC) and transaction amount; and
- Production request should be in an editable format to reduce transcription errors
Production of records may include, but is not limited to, any of the following:
- Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Account balance
- Bank account(s)
- Trade history
- Deposit history
- Withdrawal history
- IP history
- Device history
- Correspondence with the identified BAM Trading Customer(s)
Any exigent circumstances and other questions can be sent to LERT@BINANCE.US.
BAM Trading will provide response records in accordance with our terms, policies and applicable laws. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any such information. While BAM Trading will endeavor to produce records as quickly as practicable, it cannot guarantee a time frame for when records will be produced. To the extent possible, BAM Trading will attempt to accommodate any requests for urgent productions. BAM Trading is under no duty to amend or supplement its responses to records requests if new information becomes available or becomes known to it. If no responsive records exist, BAM Trading will provide a confirmatory “no records” response. BAM Trading does not disclose receipt of official government requests for record to its BAM Trading users. In addition, BAM Trading’s submission of any records is without prejudice to and with full reservation of all privileges, rights, and protections, including the attorney-client privilege and work product immunity, that may pertain to such documents.