Update on May 10, 2023: Ethereum unstaking is now available to all Binance.US customers. Requests to unstake ETH will be processed directly by the Ethereum protocol and placed into a queue based on a first-come, first-served basis. The time taken to process your unstaking request may vary depending on the number of staking participants and demand for unstaking at any given time.
Update on May 9, 2023: Ethereum unstaking will be available to all Binance.US customers on Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 8 p.m. PDT / 11 p.m. EDT.
Update on April 29, 2023: Ethereum (ETH) staking rewards are now unlocked. You can withdraw your ETH rewards or stake your rewards to earn a 5.7% rewards rate. Log in and visit the staking page to access your rewards.
Ethereum unstaking will soon be available to all Binance.US customers by mid-May 2023. It's important to note that requests for unstaking will be subject to a waiting period, which is determined by the Ethereum protocol.
Update on April 28, 2023: Ethereum (ETH) staking rewards will be unlocked and available to withdraw by Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 6 a.m. PDT / 9 a.m. EDT. Log in and visit the staking page to preview your ETH staking rewards. Ethereum unstaking will soon be available to all Binance.US customers by mid-May 2023. It's important to note that requests for unstaking will be subject to a waiting period, which is determined by the Ethereum protocol.
Update on April 19, 2023: We currently estimate that Ethereum withdrawals and unstaking will be available to all Binance.US customers by mid May 2023. ETH staking rewards accumulated during the staking period will also be unlocked. Please note that requests for unstaking will be subject to a waiting period, which is determined by the Ethereum protocol.
Binance.US will support the Ethereum Shapella Upgrade, estimated to occur on April 12, 2023, at 3:27 p.m. PDT / 6:27 p.m. EDT, at epoch 194,048.
What is the Shapella Upgrade?
“Shapella” refers to the simultaneous upgrades to the Ethereum network known as Shanghai and Capella, which go live on April 12, 2023. These upgrades will enable withdrawals for staked ETH and follow an earlier upgrade called “The Merge,” which involved Ethereum's years-long transition to a more energy-efficient Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus mechanism.
The Shanghai upgrade will affect the “execution layer,” including protocol rules and smart contracts of the Ethereum blockchain. The Capella upgrade will update the “consensus layer” of the network, ensuring that the validators follow the protocol rules.
How will this impact you?
- Deposits & Withdrawals for ETH and ERC-20 tokens via the Ethereum (ETH), Optimism (OP), and Arbitrum (ARB) networks will be suspended until the upgrade is complete. While there is no estimated completion time provided by the network at this time, we will re-enable deposits and withdrawals as soon as we deem the network stable. For real-time updates, please visit our status page. To check which ERC-20 tokens are supported on Binance.US, please refer to our List of Supported Assets.
- Staking Rewards for ETH are now available.
- Unstaking for ETH is now available. Requests to unstake ETH will be processed directly by the Ethereum protocol and placed into a queue based on a first-come, first-served basis. The time taken to process your unstaking request may vary depending on the number of staking participants and demand for unstaking at any given time.
- Buy, Sell & Convert, and Advanced Trade for ETH and ERC-20 tokens will not be affected.
- For more real-time status updates on Binance.US services, including deposit and withdrawal status, scheduled maintenance periods, and historical data, visit the Binance.US Status page.
- Following the Shapella upgrade, Binance.US will increase the minimum unlock count of deposits into Ethereum (ETH) network from 12 blocks to 64 blocks. This will increase the overall strength of the network, making it more secure and efficient.
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal Disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.