Note: This article was last updated on June 28, 2022 to note that Ethereum (ERC20) and BNB Smart Chain (BEP20) USTC withdrawals are now open. On June 21, 2022, USTC was successfully distributed to users at a ratio of 1 UST = 1 USTC.
At Binance.US, we periodically review each digital asset we list to ensure that it continues to meet the high level of standard we expect. When a coin or token no longer meets this standard, or industry circumstances change, we conduct a more in-depth review of the affected asset and assess whether to delist it. We believe, in some circumstances, delisting an asset best protects all Binance.US users from undue risk.
When we conduct these reviews, we consider a variety of factors. Here are some factors that drive whether we decide to delist a digital asset:
- Commitment of team to project
- Level and quality of development activity
- Trading volume and liquidity
- Stability and safety of network from attacks
- Network / smart contract stability
- Level of public communication
- Responsiveness to our periodic due diligence requests
- Evidence of unethical/fraudulent conduct or negligence
- Contribution to a healthy and sustainable crypto ecosystem
Based on our most recent review, TerraUSD (UST) will be delisted from Binance.US on June 19, 2022.
- UST deposits and withdrawals on Binance.US will be closed on June 19, 2022 at 9 p.m. EDT. Any deposits of UST after this time will not be credited to your account.
- UST/USD, UST/USDT, and BTC/UST trading pairs will be removed on June 19, 2022 at 11 p.m. EDT.
- All trade orders will be automatically removed after trading ceases for each respective trading pair.
Additionally, as the UST project team has changed the ticker of UST to USTC, the following steps will be taken to allow our customers to withdraw their USTC from our platform:
- After deposits and trading of UST have been suspended, an immediate snapshot of all UST balances was taken.
- The name and ticker of TerraUSD (UST) will be changed to TerraClassicUSD (USTC).
- As of June 21, 2022, USTC has been distributed to all previous holders of UST at a ratio of 1 UST = 1 USTC.
- As of June 28, 2022, Binance.US has resumed the withdrawal of Ethereum (ERC20) and BNB Chain (BEP20) USTC.
- Binance.US only plans to support USTC withdrawals at this time. USTC deposits and trading will not be available.
We thank you for your support as we continue to build the crypto ecosystem in a way that promotes security, transparency, and long-term sustainable growth.
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.