The Institutional Account Verification process is for business accounts only and not for personal accounts. For information on creating a personal account please see here.
Before starting, we recommend consulting this checklist of required information and documents, available at the bottom of this guide.
If you need to save your progress and return to onboarding at a later time, you can do so by clicking the ‘Save & Complete Later’ button in the top-right corner of your Binance.US screen during the majority of the onboarding process.
- A. Create an Institutional Account
- B. Secure your Account
- C. Provide your Company Information
- D. Provide UBO/Control Person Information
- E. Verify your Identity
- F. Institutional Account Document Checklist
A. Create an Institutional Account
1. To get started, visit our Institutional page on your browser and click the Create Institutional Account button.
2. Enter your preferred Email Address and Password. Select your Company Entity type from the drop-down menu.
3. Check the box to confirm that you have read and understood our policies listed below:
4. Click Create Account. We will send a confirmation code to the email address you provided. Check your inbox and enter the confirmation code to complete the basic account creation stage.
B. Secure Your Account
5. From the’ Create Institutional Account’ menu, click Secure Account and enter a valid phone number. Enter the code sent via SMS to your phone to enable 2-Factor-Authentication (2FA). You will be able to change this 2FA method later on if you wish to do so.
C. Provide Your Company Information
6. From the’ Create Institutional Account’ menu, click on Company Information. Complete the required fields, including the company legal name, email and phone number, state and date of formation, organizational identification number, and tax country. When you have finished, click Next.
7. Enter the company's official address details, including street address, city, ZIP/postal code, state, and country. Then, click Next.
8. Provide the additional required information regarding your company's platform use. This includes a brief description of the account purpose, origin of the funds to be used, anticipated monthly volume, jurisdictions the company operates in, and whether the company has ever been subject to an investigation by a U.S. regulatory body or done business with countries sanctioned by the U.S. government. Click Next once complete.
9. Upload all requested company documents, including a certificate of incorporation, signed and executed operating agreement, an organizational chart with owners %’s, proof of address (consult the checklist for proof of address options), and a recent bank statement. Once you have finished uploading everything, please click Complete Company Information.
10. Carefully read the account agreement. When complete, click Accept Agreement to complete the company information stage.
D. Provide UBO*/Control Person Information
*The UBO (Ultimate Beneficial Owner) is the natural person who ultimately owns or controls the business.
11. Click UBO/Control Person Information. Complete the required fields, including the UBO’s legal name, email and phone number, position/title at the company, gender, SSN or tax ID number, tax country, and date of birth. When finished, click Next.
12. Enter the UBO or control person’s official address information, including their street address, city, postal/ZIP code, state, and country. This information must match the proof of address document you will submit later in this stage. When finished entering the UBO address info, click Next.
13. From the top of the page, click ‘Download Form’ to download the Beneficial Ownership form. After being completed this form must be signed and dated by your company's UBO. You can click ‘Save and Complete Later’ to save your progress and return later, if necessary. Once completed, you can reupload the form onto this same page. In addition, you will also need to upload a copy of their ID (see accepted ID types here). When both documents are uploaded, and you have entered the requested information, click Next.
14. You will be prompted to upload a proof of address for the UBO/control person. This can be a bank statement or a utility bill (electricity, water, internet, etc.) in their name. The document must not be older than three months to be considered valid. Click ‘Upload Proof of Address’ to proceed to the uploading screen.
15. Upload the UBO’s proof of address (see step 14 for details) and press ‘Submit Document’ to complete the UBO stage of verification.
E. Verify Your Identity.
16. Click Identity Verification, from the ‘Create Institutional Account’ menu. This will be the final stage of the institutional onboarding process. Upload a valid government ID belonging to you (the account creator). To do so, click Start Upload and follow the remaining steps below.
17. You will be prompted to ‘Start Verification’ via the Jumio automated process. This quick and secure process will verify that your personal information is accurate. To begin, click Start.
18. Choose which type of identification you would like to upload. Supported ID types include Passport, Driver's License, and Identity Card. Select your ID type to continue.
19. Choose an upload method to submit your ID document. Select ‘Continue on mobile’ to send an upload link via email or scan a QR code on your phone. Select ‘Take a photo using webcam’ to complete ID verification on your computer.
20. Finally, provide facial verification using your computer webcam or phone selfie camera.
21. If you see a message that your documents have been submitted, you can click ‘Next Step’ to proceed to the final onboarding screen. If the message says ‘Something Went Wrong,’ you will need to click ‘Try Again’ and reattempt to submit your documents or try using different document types.
22. Once you have completed all of the necessary stages and checkmarks are shown beside each of them on the ‘Create Institutional Account’ menu, you can click ‘Submit Verification.’
Congratulations on submitting your institutional account application on Binance.US!
Our team will now need to review your application and may reach out for additional information or documents.
You can check the status of your application by visiting your dashboard. Click the Binance.US logo on the top-left corner of your screen from any page to access your account dashboard.
Once your application has been approved, you will see the following ‘You’re all set up!’ message, with the option to deposit funds on your dashboard:
Thank you for reading this guide, and welcome to Binance.US!
F. Institutional Onboarding Document Checklist:
Please prepare the following documents and information for the institutional onboarding process.
- Company legal name, email, phone number, and street address
- Operating jurisdictions, tax country, state of formation, and date of formation
- Organization Identification Number (EIN / Federal Tax ID Number)
- Certificate of Incorporation (or equivalent formation document)
- Signed & Executed Operating Agreement (or equivalent formation document)
- Proof of company address (bill statements within 90 days of issue)
- Recent bank statement (within 90 days of issue)
- Organization chart including %’s of each owner
UBO (Ultimate Beneficiary Owner) Information:
- UBO legal name, email, phone number, and position title
- Date of birth and tax country
- Tax ID / SSN
- Completed Beneficial Ownership Form (available for download during the onboarding process)
- Copy of the UBO’s identification document (passport, driver's license, identity card, or U.S. work visa)
- Proof of Address (bank statement or utility bill within 90 days of issue)
- Your phone number for SMS verification (can be changed later)
- Your government ID document (passport, driver's license, identity card, or U.S. work visa)
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.