What is a Deposit MEMO?
A Deposit MEMO is an identifier code required in addition to a receive address when sending certain cryptocurrencies. Each MEMO code is tied to a unique wallet and helps to ensure that the transaction is sent to the correct recipient.
Using a MEMO for the cryptocurrencies that require it allows Binance.US to identify a deposit and credit the appropriate account. If you do not enter a MEMO, your transfer may not arrive at the destination without additional action.
Which coins require a MEMO?
A deposit MEMO is required for certain coins such as:
- BNB (BEP2)
- Any tokens sent to your account on the Binance Chain network (BEP2).
How to Use a Deposit MEMO
Please note: General information on depositing cryptocurrencies to your Binance.US wallet is available here. This section will deal specifically with how to use a Deposit MEMO for cryptocurrencies that require it.
1. Navigate to your "Wallet" page and click the deposit button on the top-right side of the screen.
2. Select the cryptocurrency you would like to deposit that requires a MEMO (for example BNB).
3. A notice will be shown to make sure you are aware that the chosen cryptocurrency requires a MEMO as well as an address. Click Understood.
4. You will be shown the Deposit Address and Deposit MEMO for your Binance.US wallet for the specific cryptocurrency you have chosen. Copy and Paste both the address and MEMO into the relevant fields when sending that crypto type from an outside wallet to your Binance.US wallet.
Note: You must input both the correct address and MEMO when creating the transaction to transfer the tokens successfully to your Binance.US account.
What if I forgot to add the MEMO?
If you have forgotten to include the deposit MEMO for a deposit to your Binance.US account, please contact support. You will be asked to provide some information on the transaction. However, if you've forgotten to include the MEMO on a withdrawal intended for another wallet, please contact the wallet owner's support team.
Is there a fee to recover my deposit?
Yes. If you forgot to include the MEMO for your deposit, Binance.US will charge a recovery fee of five times the amount of the withdrawal fee for the token. To view our withdrawal fees please click here.
Follow us to stay up to date with Binance.US news and announcements:
Legal disclaimer: This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; or (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.
Binance.US reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.