To pass the Identity Verification process, or to make any changes to your account, some documents may be required. Listed below are the types of documents you may be asked to produce to use the Binance.US platform.
Government-issued documents include the following:
- Passport (information page)
- Driver's license (front and back)
- Federal/State-issued ID card (front and back)
Note: To ensure a smooth experience with the verification process, please make sure that your ID photos are valid, visible, and easy to read.
Proof of Address
Documents to confirm your proof of address must match the information listed on your Binance.US account and clearly display your name, full address, and an issue date within 90 days from the submission date. The following information must be present on the document provided:
- A name matching the one provided throughout the verification process.
- An address matching the listed address on your Binance.US account.
- Date of issue/due date within the last 90 days.
Valid Proof of Address documents include the following:
- Bank statements (Must display your name, address, and bank information.)
- Brokerage statements (Must have brokerage information and the firm logo, as well as show your full name and address.)
- Credit card statements of reputable institutions
- Utility bills (Such as electric, gas, water, internet, telephone landline, waste management, etc. The mailing address must match the address we have on file.)
- Mortgage statements
- Property tax statements
Note: Please upload the full bill or statement. We recommend uploading your document in a PDF format. Sensitive data may be covered.
What is NOT considered an acceptable Proof of Address?
- Bank statements older than 90 days or bank statements from mobile banks (e.g., Chime, Current, Simple, and TransferWise)
- Unopened, undated, or outdated mail
- W-2 forms, IRS documents
- Bank references, notices, or letters
- Retail credit card statements (e.g. Amazon, etc.)
- Insurance policies
- Mobile phone statements
- Paycheck stubs
- Pension statements
Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
A valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is required. If you are unable to obtain either, we advise contacting your local Social Security Administration office.
ID Photo or Video Confirmation
You may be required to provide a photo or video confirmation of yourself to pass the verification process or to initiate a particular action on your account.