Identity Verification Requirements
To pass the Identity Verification process or to make any changes to your account, the following documents will be required:
1. Government Issued ID
Government Issued documents include the following:
- Passport (Information page)
- Drivers License (front & back)
- Federal/State issued ID Card (front & back)
Note: To ensure a smooth experience with the verification process, please make sure that your ID photos are valid, visible, and easy to read.
2. Proof of Address
Documents to confirm your proof of address must match the information listed on your Binance.US account and clearly display your name, full address, and an issue date from within 90 days from the submission date. The following information must be present on the document provided:
- A name matching the one provided in Step 1.
- An address matching the listed address on your Binance.US account.
- Date of issue/due date within the last 90 days.
Valid Proof of Address documents include the following:
- Bank statements (Must display your name, address, and bank information)
- Brokerage statements (Must have brokerage information and the firm logo, as well as show your full name and address)
- Credit card statements of reputable institutions
- Utility bill (electric, gas, water, internet, telephone landline, waste management, etc.)
- Mortgage statements
- Property tax statements
Note: We recommend uploading your document as a PDF format.
What is NOT considered an acceptable POA?
- A government-issued ID (State-issued driver's licenses, passport, etc)
- Bank statements older than 90 days and from Mobile Banks (e.g., Chime, Current, Simple and TransferWise)
- Unopened, undated, or outdated mail
- W-2 forms, IRS documents
- Bank references, notices, or letters
- Retail credit card statements (Amazon, etc.)
- Insurance policies
- Mobile phone statements
- Paycheck stubs
- Pension statements
3. Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number
A valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is required. If you are unable to obtain either, we advise contacting your local Social Security Administration office.
4. ID Photo or Video Confirmation
You may be required to provide a photo or video confirmation of yourself to pass the verification process or to initiate a particular action on your account.